Rom 3:23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24, Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25, Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26, To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus
1. [T]o declare his righteousness: Why would God need to declare his righteousness?
2. What is meant by the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God?
3. When King David committed adultery with Uriah the Hittite’s wife, got her pregnant, and then connived to have Uriah abandoned on the battlefield and killed by the enemy, who did King David sin against? When David wrote about it he claimed that he only sinned against God. Psalms 51:4, Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
4. Do you think that Uriah’s relatives thought God was fair when he pardoned David? If God forgives you, is he being fair to all of the people that you hurt? In reality, no one has ever sinned against you. They sinned against God when they hurt you. Likewise, you have never sinned against anyone but God. It is up to God and God only to pardon.
5. God is judged for this every day if you just listen to people. We constantly hear people question why God does what he does. God has declared his righteousness through his faith in the blood of Jesus Christ by setting Jesus Christ forth as a propitiation.
6. No one who ever understands the cross, the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, his shed blood, and Jesus being the place to that anyone can bring their sins to have them pardoned can ever doubt that God is just.
Conclusion to all three parts: There is much that can be learned from trusting the exact wording of the King James Bible. No study in Greek could have ever revealed what we just learned in these last three posts. If you search every commentary that you own, you will not find what has been sitting in front of you all of these years.